Monday, February 3, 2014

From My Studio Today...

Hello Friends!
  Hope everyone's week is off to a good start!
Let me just start off by saying "HOW ABOUT THOSE SEAHAWKS?" Was that an awesome game or what? We are so proud to live in the Seattle area and to be a part of the "12th Man" at our house and can't wait until the celebration parade on Wednesday!
  Ok now on to other business! Several of you have asked me how I dry my paper beads once I've sealed them...Well here is how:


 
I use floral styrofoam squares that you can buy at any craft store or even the dollar store for pretty cheap! I've added new squares to my bead drying collection but have yet to actually throw one out! I reuse and reuse them as much as possible, until the holes get to loose for the toothpicks to hold up! I've just recently started to put a piece of wax paper on top of the squares before adding the toothpicks to avoid the bead semi sticking to the floral foam itself. I also reuse and reuse my toothpicks as many times as possible to get full use of those as well but when my beads are so wet and sticky with the sealant, occasionally, the paper will stick and that's when I throw them out to avoid having the next batch of beads stick to the toothpicks! I feel like I have saved a bit of money hand sealing each bead, rather than dipping them in the sealant. It may take longer but I don't mind! After all, I love what I am doing! Until next time, Happy Beading!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment